Diversity Retention Scholarship
Hoblitzelle Hall HH 2.410
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
News and Events
The 2012-2013 Scholarship Application is closed. Please check back in Spring 2013 for details about additional scholarship opportunities.
The goal of the Diversity Retention Scholarship Program is to aid in the retention of UT Dallas students. This scholarship targets those students who are undergraduates classified as sophomores or junior and who have excelled academically and who have unmet need after their financial aid has been awarded. This scholarship can be used to cover education related expenses including tuition, fees and housing. Students receiving other UT Dallas scholarships will be considered for this program if they have remaining unmet financial need. Each student will receive a one-time $2,000 scholarship.
Scholarship Eligibility RequirementsThe student must:
- be classified as an undergraduate sophomore or junior at UT Dallas and be enrolled full-time (12 or more credit hours each semester),
- have a GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale,
- Must have completed a 2011-2012 FAFSA or TASFA
- have financial need as determined by the UTD Financial Aid Office,
- must have been awarded financial aid and have additional unmet need,
submit an essay on the topic, "How will the Diversity Retention Scholarship assist me in obtaining my college degree?" (Describe any special challenges or circumstances that will prevent you from completing your degree), and
- volunteer at one event for the Office of Diversity and Community Engagement each semester.
Scholarship Deadline and Submission Requirements
The scholarship deadline for 2012-2013 has passed. Information about additional scholarships will be posted here in Spring 2013.
Applications must be received in the UT Dallas Multicultural Center by this deadline. Applications received after this date will not be considered. The completed application may be sent via mail, fax, or dropped off in person at the address above.
For more information, please contact the Multicultural Center:
Phone: (972) 883-6390
Fax: (972) 883-6101
Campus Location: Student Services Building SSB 2.400
Campus Mailstop: SSB23