Diversity Scholarship Program
Hoblitzelle Hall HH 2.410
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
News and Events
The Office of the President and the Office of Diversity and Community Engagement created the Diversity Scholarship Program in 2010-2011 to increase the diversity of students enrolling at UT Dallas. The scholarship targets students who have a record of academic excellence in high school or community college and show significant financial need.
This scholarship can be used to cover education related expenses including tuition, fees and housing. Each student will receive $2,500 per year for a maximum of eight semesters of undergraduate study. Student receive more than just a financial award through this program. Diversity Scholars also receive academic support from program staff to insure that they successfully transition to UT Dallas.
The student must:
- be admitted to the University,
- be an undergraduate student enrolling for the first time at UT Dallas as a full-time student,
- have a record of academic merit in high school or community college,
- have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale if transferring from community college,
- have financial need as determined by the UT Dallas Financial Aid Office,
- complete the financial aid application (FAFSA or TAFSA),
- submit an essay on the topic indicated on the application,
- must attend a Freshman or Transfer Student Orientation session,
- participate in regular Diversity Scholars Program academic check-in meetings after enrolling in the University, and
- volunteer at one event for the Office of Diversity and Community Engagement each semester.
The 2013-2014 Scholarship Application is closed. Please check back in Spring 2014 for details about additional scholarship opportunities.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is Friday, April 26, 2013. Applications must be received in the Department of Community Engagement Office by this date. The completed application may be sent via mail, fax, or dropped off in person. No late applications will be accepted.