Minority Scholars' Symposium
News and Events
The Minority Scholars' Symposium, held each fall, is a one-day program for high school sophomores from Dallas ISD and Richardson ISD. The students visit UT Dallas to learn more about the University and the importance of pursuing a college education. The students interact with UT Dallas students, faculty and staff.
The symposium targets 250 high school juniors from nine local high schools in collaboration with the Office of Admission and Enrollment and the Academic Bridge Program. The goal of this one-day college preview program is to increase the enrollment of diverse students at the University. Students participate in an admissions committee exercise, tour the university, and meet with current faculty and students.
For photobooth pictures from Wednesday, October 22, 2014, please visit our Facebook Album!
- Barack Obama Male Leadership Academy
- L. V. Berkner High School
- Emmett J. Conrad High School
- Hillcrest High School
- Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School
- Lake Highlands High School
- Thomas Jefferson High School
- Woodrow Wilson High School
- W.T. White High School