Register for the President's Volunteer Service Award
An initiative of the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation
News and Events
Faculty, Staff, and Students are Encouraged to Participate
Currently many individuals serve in regular volunteer capacities. We want to recognize your commitment and outstanding service to the community. We encourage everyone to become involved with charitable, service and civic organizations. To earn an award, individuals, families and groups are encouraged to record their volunteer activities served through the UT Service & Civic Participation. Council on Service and Civic Participation provides a simple web-based method for individuals to record and measure ongoing volunteer efforts.
- Recipients must be a United States citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States.
- Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only. Additional levels of participation with the organization (i.e. charitable support) are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations.
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories
How to Apply if You're a Volunteer
- Set up your profile in the system and register with PVSA.
- Begin to track and record your volunteer hours and activities.
- Submit a record of service to UT Dallas (NRG-20658) to verify your hours.
Young Adults: Ages 15-25
Adults: Ages 26 and up
President's Call to Service Award
Individuals who have completed 4000 or more volunteer service hours over the course of their lifetime are eligible to receive the President's Call to Service Award.
The awards packages include a certificate of achievement, a President's Volunteer Service Awards lapel pin, a note of congratulations from the President of the United States and a letter from the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation. Eligible participants will be invited to attend the annual ceremony that takes place in February.
To learn about opportunities to volunteer in your community, please visit the Office of Student Volunteerism website.