Faculty Diversity Award Information
News and Events
Deadline: Friday, February 1, 2013
No Late Applications Will Be Accepted
The Faculty Diversity Award recognizes faculty members who distinguish themselves through activities or actions that contribute to diversity and inclusion at the University of Texas at Dallas and in the broader community, state or world. In the creation of this award, UT Dallas honors all faculty members who strive to create a learning community committed to cultural understanding, tolerance, acceptance and respect, and free from inequity, injustice, sexism, racism, discrimination, prejudice and bigotry. By the presentation of this award, the University recognizes the special efforts of faculty who strive to accomplish the fulfillment of our institutional commitment to embrace, enhance and celebrate diversity.
- The recipient of this award shall be a member of the faculty of the University of Texas at Dallas. This includes tenure-track and non-tenure track faculty members. The recipient may be part-time or full-time, active, retired or emeritus.
- The recipient shall have distinguished himself or herself through activities or actions which have contributed to diversity and inclusiveness at the University and/or in the broader community, state or world.
- The recipient shall have contributed personally, or by extension of his/her work, to increased understanding, tolerance, acceptance and respect for human diversity OR in the same spirit, combated inequity, injustice, sexism, racism, discrimination, prejudice and bigotry. Areas of diversity in which contributions may are made include -- but are not limited to -- gender, race, ethnicity, religion, handicapping condition or sexual orientation.
- The recipient shall have provided leadership and direction in building a culture of inclusion and an appreciation for multicultural values on our campus.
- Contributions may take any of a number of forms. These include -- but are not limited to -- scholarship and creativity, leadership, mentoring and service.
Nominees should meet the criteria stated in the attached Criteria for Faculty Diversity Award.
Nominees may be any UT Dallas faculty member. This includes tenure track and non-tenure track faculty, full-time or part-time faculty, and active or emeritus faculty. Nominations from faculty, staff and students will be accepted. (Self-nominations are encouraged.)
Award and Presentation
The Faculty Diversity Award will be presented to the winner(s) at the Office of Diversity and
Community Engagement's Annual Diversity Awards Gala and Scholarship Fundraiser on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
The nominations will be judged by a committee of faculty members, including but not limited to,
those who have previously been honored for diversity contributions. The committee will review the
nominations, select one or more winners and report the winners to the University Committee for Support of Diversity and Equity.
Guidelines for Nomination
Nominations will be evaluated for outstanding accomplishments in achieving and sustaining diversity and inclusion at UT Dallas. Written nominations should use the attached nomination form with a limit of two additional pages of typed information. Supportive materials, such as a current CV, copies of journal articles, course descriptions, letters from students or colleagues, or news articles may be attached.