Annual Diversity Awards
The Diversity Award recognizes special efforts to staff members who strive to accomplish the fulfillment of the UT Dallas commitment to embrace, enhance, and celebrate diversity at all levels of the University and our community. The recipient shall have distinguished himself or herself through activities or actions which have contributed to diversity and inclusiveness at the University and/or in the broader community, state or world.
Purpose: To recognize University of Texas at Dallas employees who are making strides to understand, reach, and include diverse and underrepresented audiences and promote inclusion.
Diversity: To embrace differences among people with respect to age, race, gender, physical ability, and other human differences.
Goal: To create an organizational culture that incorporates mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork and productivity among people who are diverse.
Examples of efforts to address diverse and underrepresented faculty, staff, students, and community have included (but not limited to):
- Provided leadership and support for recruitment and retention of a diverse student body, representing many cultures including minorities, women, and the handicapped.
- Served as a mentor and role model for minority students, handicapped students, or women in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM).
- Provided personally, or by extension of his/her work, special assistance to disadvantaged or poorly understood individuals, including minorities, women, or the handicapped.
- Provided leadership and direction in building a culture of inclusion and an appreciation for multicultural values on our campus.
- Served on committees or organizations that promote fairness, equality, inclusiveness, and appreciation of diversity, and multicultural values at UTD or in the larger community.
- Made a difference in the lives of students from many cultures personally or by extension of his/her work. (more)
Awards and Presentation
Awards will be presented by the Office of Diversity and Community Engagement at the
4th Annual Diversity Awards Gala on Saturday, May 3, 2014.
All nominations are due by 5:00pm on Monday, March 7, 2014. Nominations may be
For additional information, contact Rosie Peterson, Director of Institutional Diversity Initiatives,
Please call (972) 883-4560 or e-mail: email@example.com