Guidelines for Nomination
Nominees should be current students, staff, faculty and student organizations.
Nominees may also be a community member or community organization. Nominations
will be accepted by all members of the UT Dallas community.
Nominations will be evaluated for outstanding accomplishments in achieving and
sustaining diversity and inclusion at The University of Texas at Dallas and the broader community.
Nominations will be evaluated by a committee appointed by the Vice President of
Diversity and Community Engagement, inclusive of representatives from the Student
Equity Council, Staff Council and Committee for Support of Diversity and Equity.
All nominations are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 7, 2014.
Please consider the following criteria when submitting nominations for the Annual Diversity Award:
- The nominee demonstrates a commitment and appreciation for diversity
- The nominee has provided leadership and direction in building a culture of
inclusion and an appreciation for multicultural values on the UT Dallas campus
and/or the community at large.
- The nominee has organized, conducted, and supported events, lectures, or
activities that promote cross-cultural understanding, inclusion, and acceptance of
individual and group differences.
The award for Inclusive Excellence and Intercultural Engagement (IEIE) specifically
recognizes an instructor who:
- Excels at guiding students in developing their ability to engage with respect and
learn from people who have ideas, experiences and points of view that differ from
- Creates courses that encourage students to expand their horizons and learn
about different peoples, cultures and institutions in ways that significantly affects
their lives, their view of the world, and their place and role in it.
- Fosters mutual respect and optimal creativity in a classroom environment where
people with varied backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences share ideas
and work productively together.
- Creates a positive learning environment, a place where all students regardless of
their gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran
status, national origin and/or socio-economic status are engaged and encouraged
For additional eligibility criteria and accompanying documents, select the appropriate category:
|Student Organization||Community Champion||Inclusive Excellence|
For additional information, contact Rosie Peterson, Director of Institutional Diversity Initiatives,
Please call (972) 883-4560 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org