UT Dallas International Education Fund (IEF) Scholarship
The International Education Fund (IEF) Scholarship is offered to students interested in studying abroad and is based on the availability of funds, number of students applying, and the quality of the application. Completed IEF Scholarship Applications must be submitted by the following deadlines corresponding to each study abroad term:
Fall semester: July 15
Spring semester: November 15
Summer semester: April 15
Complete application packet includes:
- Scholarship Application
- 2 Letters of Reference (submitted by the reference using this online form)
- In person at International Center, SSB 3.400
- By email to [email protected]
- Enrolled in UT Dallas courses involving study abroad or enrolled in a study abroad program that transfers credit back to UT Dallas for the semester of the scholarship.
- Enrolled at least part-time with UT Dallas at the time of application.
- Students must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA from UT Dallas.
- Students applying for the IEF Scholarship for short-term (customized) programs must have successfully completed a minimum of 12 (undergraduate) or 9 (graduate) semester credit hours at UT Dallas (residential hours) by program start date.
- Students from the Executive Division of the Naveen Jindal School of Management are not eligible for the IEFS.
- International students intending to pursue international educational programs in their home countries are not eligible for the IEF Scholarship.
- Students who receive funds from the International Education Fund must comply with all regulations and policies established by Education Abroad at UT Dallas. Students must complete necessary paperwork to maintain active student status at UT Dallas while they are away. Upon return, students must complete all credit transfer procedures and submit a reflection about the program.
The amount of scholarship funds awarded to scholarship recipients depends upon the student’s length of program and financial need. For financial need to be considered, the student must have a FAFSA on file with the Financial Aid Office.
|Length of Trip||No Financial Need||Financial Need|
|Less than 4 weeks||$350||$700|
|Summer/Partial Semester, 4-10 weeks||$900||$1400|
|Full Semester, over 10 weeks||$1400||$2800|
|Full Year, 2 semesters or more||$1700||$3500|