eLearning FAQ for Students
- How do I find out what my NetID or NetID password is?
- My browser cannot access the eLearning server.
- I log into the eLearning server, but one of my courses is missing.
- I see a course listed in eLearning that I am no longer (or never have been) registered for.
- I need access to a course from a previous semester.
- I started a quiz and now I get an error message!
- How do I...
- Who do I contact for support?
To access your NetID or update your NetID password, visit http://netid.utdallas.edu. If you have any problems, contact the Helpdesk at 972-883-2911 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on your NetID, please visit the UT Dallas NetID FAQ.
Please view the Technical Requirements section of the Getting Started page.
Students should automatically be added to courses in eLearning within 24hrs of your enrolling in the course. If for some reason the course does not appear after 24hrs, please email email@example.com and include the information listed below.
- Your name
- Your NetID
- The course/section number of the course you do not see in your course list
Courses should automatically be removed from your eLearning course list within 24hrs of your unenrolling from the course. If for some reason the course remains, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the information listed below. We will remove you from the course, notify you, and then look into why the auto-unenroll process is not working.
- Your name
- Your NetID
- The course/section number of the course you see in that you are not enrolled in
The instructor for the course for which you need access to must submit the request for you to have access to a course once the semester ends. The instructor will need to send us the following information:
- Student's name
- Student's NetID
- Course/section number
- Length of time student needs access to course.
If you have problems while taking a quiz in eLearning (i.e. your screen freezes up), it is recommended that you restart your browser, then log back into eLearning and re-enter the quiz. If this does not help the problem, restart your computer, then go back into the quiz. If you are still having problems, please contact the UT Dallas 24/7 eLearning Helpdesk. You will need to provide them the following information:
- Student name
- Student NetID
- Course/section number in which problem occurred
- Quiz/Test name
- Time in which issue occurred
Always remember to save your answers as you progress through your quiz. If anything happens and you are not able to get back into your quiz, since you've saved your answers, your instructor will be able to see your responses.
Please visit our Learning Tutorials page to view an extensive list of video tutorials on commonly used tools and functionality.
Page last updated on March 4, 2014 .