Getting Started with NEW eLearning
- NEW eLearning Overview
- Technical Requirements
- Course Access and Navigation
- NEW eLearning Tools and Functionality
- Technical Support
Browsers and Operating Systems
- MS Office 2007 is the minimum standard. Microsoft software is available at a nominal cost from the UT Dallas/Microsoft Program. Software CDs are available for purchase at the UT Dallas Technology Store.
- Virus detection/protection software. McAfee enterprise edition is available for free to UT Dallas faculty, staff, and students. To download this software, go to http://netid.utdallas.edu, and click on the 'Secure download of UT Dallas software' link. Log in using your NetID and password.
- Plug-ins may be required to view media in or your eLearning class. Below are links to the most common plug-ins used.
- Below is a list of recommended free tools that are available:
Students must have a UT Dallas NetID and password to log into the NEW eLearning server and access the course.
New students can go to the UT Dallas NetID page at http://netid.utdallas.edu to initiate their account shortly before or at the start of the semester. Students can use this account to access all of UT Dallas eLearning classes (including those on the eLearning Pilot server) plus other UTD computing systems (i.e. your UT Dallas email account). Please note that the account password must be updated every 6 months. Users will receive a reminder message to their UT Dallas email accounts from UTD's Information Resources department prior to the password expiration. To update the account password, please login to the NetID webpage. For more information, please visit the NetID FAQ's page.
The URL to access the NEW eLearning server is http://elearningpilot.utdallas.edu. Courses may be accessed at any time after the semester starts. Once logged in, students will see the “My eLearning” page. Here students will see their "Course List" which contains links to couse content on the NEW eLearning server. Students can click the course title to access the course Home Page.
There are several built-in tools instructors can choose to use in order to facilitate learning, communication, interaction, and collaboration. Please visit the NEW Learning Tutorials page to view video tutorials on many of the tools and settings available.Email - For information on UT Dallas's student email, please visit IR's Email Launch Pad.
Page last updated on January 8, 2013 .