Dana "Dani" Litovsky
Hometown: Paris, Texas
Major: International Political Economy
UT Dallas Achievements & Activities
- Terry Scholar
- Spring 2013 Bill Archer Fellow
- CV Honors Program
- Dean's List
- 2012 President's Volunteer Service Award
- National Model United Nations DC Conference Distinguished Delegation
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Research
- Schwamkrug, Freshwater & Lopez, PLLC Immigration Law Intern
- Center for American and International Law Staff Assistant
- UT Dallas Anson L. Clark Summer Research Program
- IDL-Reporteros, Investigative Journalist Intern
- Comunicaciones Aliadas (Latin America Press), Translator
Deciding on International Political Economy
After declining a career in medicine, I was looking for a major that reflected my experiences as an immigrant, my interest in social, political, and economic policy, and my passion for Latin America. IPE became that interdisciplinary major that has allowed me to take classes in these fields as well as take advantage of programs such as the Bill Archer Fellowship. I've also had the pleasure of taking classes and working with some of UT Dallas's finest professors, including Dr. Jennifer Holmes, Dr. Edward Harpham, and Dr. Jeff Dumas.
My EPPS Success
My professional and personal successes are due to the professors who have invested time to educate me and put me in contact with colleagues who have given me many professional opportunities. The support that the EPPS faculty and staff have given me is invaluable. The opportunities they provided me and their advice truly made my degree plan and my experience at UT Dallas one of a kind.
Plans for the Future
I hope to find employment in the DFW area, hopefully in international finance and trade, consular work, or the private sector. After acquiring work experience, I hope to apply for an international fellowship program such as Fulbright and then pursue a Master's or PhD in the international economics or international policy fields.
Advice to Prospective EPPS Students
I would advise EPPS students to get in touch with professors who work on a subject of their interests. Professors are very willing to go out of their way to help students succeed.
Travel, yoga, cooking and reading.