What They Do
Provide set up and service media equipment, video production, video editing, streaming/encoding video.
- Monitor with DVD, VHS, DVD+VHS, or LaserDisc player
- LCD for laptop or computer in room
- LCD for laptop and DVD or VHS
- LCD for video (DVD, VHS, LaserDisc, or DVD+VHS)
- 35mm projector/remote
- 16mm projector
- Document Camera
- Wireless microphone/lavalier
- Handheld mic (wireless and wired)
- Portable sound system
- Lavalier mic
- Podium mic
- Mic with table stand, floor stand, or boom stand
- CD/cassette player
- Audio for laptop
- Portable tripod screen
How To Contact Them
Call x4900 to report late or malfunctioning equipment. If you get the voicemail, leave a detailed message including your room number, and a description of the problem you are experiencing.
Event Guidelines and Policies
Media Request Procedure:
- Fill out the Event Technology Request form or Video Services form and email six business days in advance.
- Event fees are $30 an hour with a minimum of two hours charged where applicable (see below for details).
Media Request Changes:
- If your event is during the workday in an equipped room, our staff can assist you in your setup at no charge. The only circumstances under which we’ll charge are:
- If your event is outside our regular hours (7:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Friday)
- If your event requires portable equipment (if the event is in an unequipped space, or needs more than what is already in the room)
- If you would like one of our staff on-site for the duration of your event
- We also offer the option of having one of our staff train you on the equipment during the work week so you can set up off-hour events yourself and avoid fees. McDermott Library Suite will still be charged, due to the necessity of having one of our staff present. Please be sure to shut the system down after your event, as the projector lamps are costly to replace.
- We will be charging a late fee of $30 for requests made less than six business days before your event.
- The ATC Lecture Hall has a separate form that will need to be submitted for all technical support requests/needs. Click to view the ATC Lecture Hall Specifications Sheet.
- The Naveen Jindal School of Management and the Student Union also have their own A/V equipment available for rental. Be sure to contact them if you plan on using rooms in those buildings.
- Requests for Event Technology Support should be received at least one week prior to your event date. Media Services will make efforts to accommodate requests with less notice, but will evaluate these requests on a case-by-case basis.
- Requests made in person or over the phone will not be accepted.
- Media Services does not provide podiums or tables. If you want a microphone on a podium or multiple microphones on a table for a panel discussion you must send a work request to the Facilities Management to arrange setup of the podium and/or tables.