Become an esteemed PFA Ambassador and enjoy the opportunity to welcome families of new students and help them transition to UT Dallas. Ambassadors are highly visible at Freshman Orientation sessions as they:
- Welcome students and families as they arrive.
- Answer questions and guide them through Orientation.
- Share experiences of being a Comet Parent.
- Enjoy lunch in the dining hall with our newest Comets.
- Chat with parents at the afternoon PFA Social.
Parents and family members appreciate talking with fellow parents who are familiar with UT Dallas and who have gone through starting a new student in college.
Six freshman orientation sessions are planned with many opportunities for you to be involved throughout the day:
- Session 1 — Sunday, June 5
- Session 2 — Thursday, June 16
- Session 3 — Thursday, June 23
- Session 4 — Sunday, July 24
- Session 5 — Thursday, August 4
- Session 6 — Wednesday, August 17
A brief training session scheduled for Saturday, June 4 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. will prepare you to answer common questions and familiarize you with the orientation format. The session will take place in the Dining Hall and lunch will be provided. Returning Ambassadors are encouraged to attend to learn new information regarding Orientation.
We look forward to having you share your insights and experiences!
“We joined UT Dallas’ family organization in 2003 when our son was a freshman.
Our experiences have allowed us to interact with parents and students.
Comet Families provides wonderful opportunities to meet other parents and to learn about various programs UT Dallas offers its students.
As a Parent Ambassador, we have participated in Freshman Orientations, Welcome Week, Family Day and Homecoming.”