Comet Family Ambassadors are highly visible at freshman orientation sessions and are integral to helping parents join the UT Dallas community. Parents and family members appreciate talking with fellow families who are familiar with UT Dallas and who have gone through the process of starting a new student in college. Among other things, Comet Family Ambassadors:
- Welcome students and families as they arrive on campus.
- Answer questions and guide families through orientation.
- Share experiences of having a student at UT Dallas.
- Enjoy lunch in the Dining Hall with the newest Comets.
- Chat with parents during the afternoon Comet Family Social.
Please consider volunteering your time to become a Comet Family Ambassador. Five freshman orientation sessions are currently planned, with many opportunities for you to be involved throughout the day:
- Session 1 — Thursday, June 7
- Session 2 — Thursday, June 21
- Session 3 — Sunday, July 22
- Session 4 — Sunday, Aug. 5
- Session 5 — Wednesday, Aug. 22
UT Dallas will host a brief training session in late May that will prepare you to answer common questions and familiarize you with the University’s orientation format. The ambassador training session will take place in the campus Dining Hall, and lunch will be provided. Returning ambassadors are encouraged to attend to learn new information regarding orientation.
Register today to sign up for ambassador training. We look forward to having you share your insights and experiences.
Return to Comet Families - April 2012