Comet Family Ambassadors Sought
If you are a family member of a UT Dallas student, we encourage you to volunteer with the Comet Family Ambassadors program. Comet Family Ambassadors volunteer at campus events throughout the year, including the Senior Send-Off carnival, Freshman Orientation, Welcome Week, Homecoming and more.
Upcoming ambassador opportunities include:
Senior Send-Off Carnival
Comet Family Ambassador volunteers are needed to assist with the carnival entrance, food booths, rides and games.
Wednesday, May 15
Volunteers are needed at each of the following Freshman Orientations. Volunteer times are flexible based on your schedule.
- June 1-2, Saturday-Sunday
- June 16-17, Sunday-Monday
- July 1-2, Monday-Tuesday
- July 11-12, Thursday-Friday
- July 21-22, Sunday-Monday
- August 19-20, Monday-Tuesday
Comet Family Ambassadors are highly visible at each Freshman Orientation session and are integral to helping parents get involved with the UT Dallas community. During Freshman Orientation, Comet Family Ambassadors:
- Welcome students and families as they arrive on campus.
- Answer questions and guide families through orientation.
- Share their experiences of having a student at UT Dallas.
- Enjoy lunch and dinner in the Dining Hall with the newest Comets.
- Chat with parents during afternoon breaks.
Comet Families will host a brief training session in late May that will help you prepare for answering common questions and familiarize you with the University’s orientation format. Returning ambassadors are encouraged to attend to learn new information.
To register as a volunteer for the Summer 2013 Freshman Orientation sessions, please click here.
By volunteering with Comet Family Ambassadors, you will receive a complementary Comet Family Ambassador polo-style shirt. For more information, please contact Veronica Guzman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-883-6171.
Return to Comet Families - April 2013