Welcome to Contracts & Grants
The Contracts & Grants Accounting section in The Office of Finance supports the research activities of the University by providing financial and accounting infrastructure for the post-award administration of sponsored programs.
The particular functions of Contracts & Grants Accounting include:
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and state rules and regulations governing the financial administration of sponsored projects
- Creating and promulgating sponsored programs financial administration policies and procedures
- Developing training materials and conducting training programs on financial sponsored program administration
- Managing Invoicing and Receivables
- Generating invoices and payment requests
- Keeping an eye on the timeliness of scheduled payments for sponsored project accounts
- Following up with sponsors on outstanding receivables to ensure timely collection
- Filing Financial Status Reports
- Preparing the Indirect Cost Proposal
- Conducting a comprehensive space survey
- Computing of proper indirect rates.
Last Updated: August 8, 2012