The Office of Budget and Finance is responsible for managing the overall accounting, treasury, financial reporting and financial services operations of the University. This includes managing internal controls to mitigate risk; creating and presenting financial status and financial condition reports to internal and external parties; ensuring that the official accounting records of the University are up-to-date and accurate; safeguarding the assets of the University to minimize risk of financial loss; and developing and maintaining robust costing systems and reporting tools to provide high-quality financial information that supports the University's strategic management initiatives.
- We preserve the integrity of the accounting and reporting records through the diligent and thorough application of pertinent laws, regulations and policies; through the accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks; and through the appropriate documentation of transactions.
- We all understand what is expected of us and are fully committed to meeting those expectations.
- We are committed to openly sharing information with others, effectively expressing our ideas and actively striving to understand the ideas of others.
- Customer Service
- We serve our customers by performing our tasks in a timely, consistent and accurate manner. When interfacing with our customers, we are polite, friendly, professional and efficient. When situations require, we take initiative and proactively address customers' needs.
- We work together to achieve our individual and common goals. We share knowledge, encourage and support each other, and respect individual differences.
- We perform our duties to the best of our abilities and take pride in our work.
- We continually examine the way we operate and seek opportunities to improve the effectiveness of our service.
Last Updated: August 8, 2012