Change to Monthly Employees’ Exception Collection
For the September payroll, Payroll will collect exceptions for Aug. 12 through Aug. 31. Since employees forecasted this time period previously on the time-off portion (VAC and SCK), department payroll contacts will need to report only the following exception instances:
- Forecasted time off that was not, or only partially, taken. Show this as a negative number of hours (the part not taken) on the timesheet to put it back in the employee’s absence balances.
- For example, if Joanna Jones forecasted eight hours of vacation time for Aug. 31 on the last timesheet, but only took five hours of leave, turn in -3 hours of vacation for Aug. 31 so her leave account can be credited for the unused time.
- Non-forecasted time off that was taken. Show this as a positive number of hours on the timesheet to deduct from the employee’s absence balances.
- Overtime, whether it was OTP or OTS. This was not forecasted and should be treated as usual on the timesheet as a positive number of hours.
- Any other type of time off that was not forecasted, such as jury duty, bereavement, etc.
Beginning with the October payroll (paid November 1), the University will be paying October actual time worked and exceptions for the month of September (Sept. 1 through Sept. 30).
For questions, contact Assistant Director Sheretha Measells at 972-883-4102.
Last Updated: September 13, 2012