Payroll and Data Management
Did You Know?
Change to Monthly Employees’ Exception Collection
(Sept. 13) Payroll is preparing to collect pay exceptions for employees paid monthly one month in arrears, rather than having a variable reporting date each month. (Exceptions include vacation and sick time, coded as VAC, SCK, OTP, OTS, etc.) Click here for information about how the transition will happen.
Galaxy Self Service allows you to view your pay stub online.
Between January 1, 2012, and December 31, 2012, your FICA payroll tax will be reduced 2 percent. This payroll tax reduction will result in a modest increase in net pay for many employees. Contact Payroll 972-883-2611 for more information.
The Payroll staff is responsible for:
- Timely and accurate payment of salaries, wages and tax withholding for all University employees.
- Processing monthly and semi-monthly payroll according to schedule.
- Preparing quarterly and year-end reports for federal and state agencies.
- Compliance with federal laws regarding payments to non-resident aliens (employees, students and guest lecturers).
- Processing Authorization for Professional Services Forms.
- Processing certain scholarship appointment forms.
You are encouraged to enroll in direct deposit so your check will be deposited into your account even if the University is not able to distribute paper checks. To enroll in direct deposit, complete this form and return it to Payroll (AD36). A voided check or deposit slip must be attached to the form.
Paper Payroll Checks
- Monthly Check Distribution – You may pick up your paycheck from Payroll and Data Management, room AD 2.224 after 8:00 AM on the first workday of the month.
- Semi-Monthly Check Distribution – You may pick up your paycheck from Payroll and Data Management, room AD 2.224 after 8:00 AM on the first workday on or after the 1st and the 15th of each month.
- Please remember that if the pay date falls on the weekend or holiday, your paycheck will be available for pick up from Payroll and Data Management on the next business day after the weekend and/or holiday.
Payroll will release checks only to the person whose name appears on the check. You must bring a picture I.D. when you pick up your check.
Last Updated: November 12, 2013