FRS Security Procedure
To insure that the Financial Records System and its data are protected against unauthorized access and to provide guidance on requesting and obtaining access to the system.
This document details the procedures to be followed in requesting and assigning access to the Financial Records System.
- FRS Administrator
- The individual in the UT Dallas Office of the Controller who is responsible for the FRS administration.
- Information Resources Security Administrator
- The individual in the UT Dallas Information Resources area who is responsible for assuring that only properly authorized personnel are able to access the various UT Dallas computer systems.
- Profile Number
- A predefined configuration of FRS screens represented by a four-digit number. This number determines what FRS screens (update and /or inquiry) the user will be able to access.
- Value Based Security Operator Access
- A system to provide access to account information by comparing the user's security authorization to the account attributes in FRS.
All computer access requests are sent by the user departments to the Information Resources Security Administrator using a "Computer Account Request Form" (see attached sample). The Security Administrator reviews and approves the requests and forwards the request form to the FRS Administrator in the General Accounting and Reporting Division.
The FRS Administrator reviews the information on the Computer Account Request Form to determine the type of access that should be given to the user. This determination is based on such factors as: what duties the user will perform, the user's organization and what accounts and or departments the user needs to be able to access. In addition, the FRS Administrator ensures that the request has been properly authorized.
Subsequent to this review, the FRS Administrator completes the Screen 880 form. This form designates what 4 digit profile number will be assigned to the requestor, as well as the specific access granted (executive level, school, or division, department, and sub-department, or security code, if applicable). It is then forwarded to the Information Resources Security Administrator who enters the information onto Screen 880 in FRS. The requestor is notified when their access has been implemented.
The Information Resources Security Administrator notifies the requesting users when their access has been implemented.
After the user has been given access to FRS, when required and with proper authorization, the FRS Administrator can update the user's profile using FRS screen 880.
The FRS System Administrator and the designated individual within the Finance Division approving the access have the responsibility for ensuring that the access given is in accordance with established Business Services policies and procedures.
The FRS System Administrator has the responsibility for processing system access requests on a timely basis.
6.0 REFERENCES & ATTACHMENTS
- Computer Account Request Form
- 880 FRS Operator Security
Last Updated: February 17, 2012