Commencement Ceremony Tickets
You will be able to update your Commencement Ceremony RSVP and claim your electronic guest tickets by the dates posted in the Academic Calendar for your Commencement Term.
Commencement Guest Tickets
Commencement Tickets will be available to claim electronically at 9am on the date published in the Academic Calendar.
- You will only be able to claim guest tickets if you submitted a Commencement RSVP by the RSVP deadline published in the applicable Academic Calendar.
- To claim your guest tickets, visit UTDGraduationtickets.com and use our
- Important Information on guest tickets:
- You will need to have your phone ready before you start reserving your guest tickets.
- Your ticket needs to be printed in actual size and only one ticket on an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper.
- If you try to shrink/enlarge the ticket size the barcode will not scan at the door and it will delay entry into the venue.
- Make sure your printer ink is switched to full. Your guests will tickets will not scan at the venue if the ink setting is set to low.
- Only claim guest tickets that you know you will use. You can always go back and claim your allotted tickets as you need them before your ceremony.
- During the guest ticket checkout process, you will be given the opportunity to donate any guest tickets you will not be using. The donated tickets will be placed in a pool for students to claim if they need any additional tickets.
- If there are any additional tickets available, you will be able to collect them during your checkout. If there are no additional tickets available when you checkout, please check back at another time.
General Guest Ticket Information
Tickets are limited due to building capacity restrictions. Tickets are required for each guest.
- You do not need a guest ticket for your Commencement ceremony. The walking card you collected from your department serves as your ticket to Commencement.
- Each ticket barcode is linked to a specific student when claimed. If you claim your tickets on behalf of another student (i.e. your friend or classmate) and those tickets are scanned at the Commencement Ceremony, our records will indicate that YOU have attended the ceremony and may prevent you from any future.
- The number of tickets that is available for you to obtain electronically is determined by the amount of students that submit an RSVP for your ceremony.
- The number of tickets available to you will not be known until after the RSVP Update Deadline on the Academic Calendar. If you indicated that you will attend your ceremony, you will receive an email notifying you of the number of guest tickets you are able to claim after this date.
- All tickets are "General Admission". There is no reserved seating.
- Selling commencement tickets is prohibited. They are free and are not for profit.
- Children (12 months of age and under) who sit in a lap during the entire ceremony do not require a ticket.
- Guests are encouraged to arrive early to find parking and seating.
- All guests must be seated at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
The Commencement Ceremonies will be projected on a large
screen behind the stage with captions for the hearing impaired.
Seating for guests with a disability or special needs is located on the main floor at the Commencement Ceremonies. If you need to make any special accommodations for yourself, please contact the Office of Student AccessAbility.