Insurance for Domestic Students
Coverage for Summer
If you are a Domestic student at UT Dallas and would like to have health insurance during the Summer semester, please enroll directly with the insurance company before Census Day. For more information, please visit How to Purchase Student Health Insurance, or contact the SHI office.
All students that are uninsured for Summer are taking a large risk. If you are diagnosed with an illness, injury or pregnancy that occurs when you are uninsured, you will not be covered for that particular condition when you enroll for Fall classes. Your condition becomes pre-existing. Before the insurance company will cover a pre-existing condition, one must have continuous coverage on the policy for 12 consecutive months.
Continuing Coverage after Graduation
If you are graduating this semester, are currently insured under the Student Health Insurance policy and have had continuous coverage on this policy for at least six months, you are eligible to continue your coverage for an additional six months. The insurance company has additional rules that apply. Please read all rules and instructions listed below:
- Print an online Continuing Coverage Application.
- You must complete the application, include your premium payment and mail this to the insurance company. They must receive this during your graduating semester before the expiration of the current policy. If they do not receive it by this date, your application and payment will be denied and returned to you.
- You must predetermine how many months of coverage you want, you may choose a one month minimum up to a six month maximum.
- You must pre-pay for the total number of months you wish to have insurance.
- Mail your Continuation of Coverage application and payment to:
Academic HealthPlans, Inc.
P.O. Box 1605
Colleyville, Texas 76034-1605