The Student Health Center does not issue excuses for classes. This matter is between the student and the professor.
The clinical services of the Student Health Center provide for both primary and preventative health care and include the following:
- Treatment of chronic stabilized diseases (copy of medical record and current treatment is required)
- Non-insulin dependent diabetes
- Diagnosis and treatment of general medical illnesses
- Minor emergency care
- Routine check-up and sports physicals (some restrictions may apply)
- Certain immunizations (i.e. Influenza (flu) vaccine; Meningitis vaccine; TB skin test; Tetanus, etc.)
- STD screening and treatment
- Pelvic exams
- Birth control
- Pregnancy counseling
- Referrals for x-ray, ultrasound, MRI, and other specialized tests
- Laboratory Testing for diagnostic purposes (accepts orders from outside physicians)
Students may be referred to outside medical providers for more serious problems that exceed the Student Health Center's capabilities.
The Student Health Center serves only currently enrolled students of UT Dallas who have paid the required medical services fee. This medical fee allows students to schedule office visits at no additional cost; however, nominal fees are assessed for:
- Lab work
- Some medical supplies
- Other procedures determined to be necessary by the medical provider
Students are responsible for paying these additional costs. Payment is due at the time services are provided.
Students are responsible for all charges and/or services received outside the Student Health Center (e.g. emergency room, private doctor, etc).