Employee Service Awards Program
The University recognizes and expresses appreciation for the long-term service of both full-time and part-time employees (regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours each week). Eligibility for awards is determined by an employee's years of service at UT Dallas according to the University's fiscal year, September 1 through August 31. The program currently recognizes employee service according to the list below:
- 5-Year Award – 5 Year Lapel Pin
- 10-Year Award – 10 Year Lapel Pin
- 20-Year Award – University Gift
- 30-Year Award – University Gift
- 40-Year Award – University Gift
All gifts will display the UT Dallas logo and years of service.
The President’s Office sponsors the annual Service Awards ceremony. For more information, contact Rena Read, special events coordinator in the Office of the President, at (972) 883-2204 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the time frame for the years of service?
A. Years of service are calculated as of August 31 of each fiscal year. Eligibility for recognition is determined by Human Resources Management based on the service record contained in the offical employee record file.
2. What years are honored during the annual service awards ceremony?
A. Honorees include those with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years of service to UT Dallas.
3. When is the 2012 Service Awards ceremony?
A. UT Dallas will host the 26th annual Service Awards ceremony to honor faculty and staff for their years of service on Tuesday, November 13, 2012, at 2 p.m. in the Alexander Clark Center, CN 1.112.
4. Does my prior state service count toward the UT Dallas Service Awards?
A. Prior service at other UT System schools and Texas agencies does not count toward the UT Dallas Service Awards program. Nor does school district service; this service is not State employment.
5. Does my student employment count toward the UT Dallas Service Awards program?
A. Student service and temporary employment (less than 50 percent and/or less than 4.5 months) does not count toward the UT Dallas Service Awards.
6. Does my leave of absence status now or in the past affect my years of service?
A. Time on an unpaid leave of absence does not count toward UT Dallas Service Awards.
Last Updated: August 24, 2012