New Employee/Newly Eligible
UT Dallas offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide a variety of choices to fit your personal needs and the needs of your family. If you need help or have questions, your Benefits Rep is just a click or a call away.
- Take a look at our Benefits Guide (Requires Adobe Reader) . It has benefit eligibility information, and lists our insurance programs and information on our flexible spending accounts.
- Attend your new employee orientation. During orientation you will learn about our policies; and watch our insurance presentation. Within 31 days of your hire date or eligibility, you must complete your insurance elections.
- Contact your Benefits Rep for an appointment.
If you are not currently covered by another Texas benefit plan, and, you are appointed between 50% and 100% for no less than 4 ½ months, you are eligible for the UT Dallas benefits programs.
For most benefit plans, coverage is available for legally married spouses and dependent children or stepchildren to age 25. Coverage for an adopted child, your legal guardians or your grandchild must be approved by HRM. A common law spouse is eligible only if a Declaration of Informal Marriage is on file.
- Insurance Enrollment/Change Authorization Form
- Dependent Information Form
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation
E-mail us at email@example.com or to speak with your Benefits Representative, click on the above Contact Us link. We strive to respond to calls and e-mails within one business day throughout most of the year. During our peak periods however, it may take two business days for us to respond. Peak periods include the start and end of each semester and the month of July.
Last Updated: August 24, 2012