The E-Packet provides access to certain new employee HRM documents and policies.
- Table 1 documents
- print and complete the documents
- route documents as specified in the ACTION column.
Table 2 policies must be made available to your new employees.
- Non-benefit eligible employees (Job Groups G, T, X, Z). should receive the six individual documents or you may print and give a copy of this page to the new employee. The employee should log on to the policy sites and read the information.
- Benefit eligible employees (job groups A, C, F, H, W) receive the information at HRM’s new employee orientation. TA/RA's (job groups S & T) receive policy information at the graduate student orientation in August and January
Who is a New Hire/Rehire?
New Hire: an employee hired by the University for the first time and who has never held an appointment at UT Dallas. The required information regarding the employee's job appointment, employment status, salary, personal data, and tax status is obtained from the forms that the Administrative Unit and employee complete.
Rehire: a past employee we are hiring again e.g. someone who has separated and is returning to UTD employment. The Administrative Unit completes the required forms.
Who is Benefit Eligible?
An employee is benefit eligible if they are appointed 50% or more and the appointment is for 4 1/2 months or longer. Percentage and length of appointment must meet the minimum criteria; if both criteria are not met, the employee is non-benefit eligible.
Who is Non-Benefit Eligible?
- Personnel Action Form
- Copy of Social Security card for IRS reporting purposes
- Personal Data Form - (employee completes this form)
- Form W-4
- Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9
- Selective Service Registration Verification Form
- Criminal Background Check - for University employees (faculty, staff and students)
- The E-Packet provides access to certain new employee HRM documents and policies.
Important: If your new hire has a UTD-ID, please use that number when completing the forms.
Important: The IRS requires that an employee's name on Form W-2 match the name printed on the employee's Social Security card. A copy of the employee's SS card must be attached to the Appointment paperwork.
Contact Jay Manikandan, x2388. We strive to respond to calls and e-mails within one business day throughout most of the year. During our peak periods however, it may take two business days for us to respond. Peak periods include the start and end of each semester.
Last Updated: February 4, 2013