- How do I access UT Dallas Jobs?
- Where can I go for help?
- Where can I send feedback / suggestions on the UT Dallas Jobs?
- Will UT Dallas Jobs log me out after a period of inactivity?
- Will my password expire?
- Can I save my requisition to work on it at a later time?
- Can I modify Template level questions?
- I have more than one vacancy for a position, do I need a separate requisition for each?
- Requisitions From Previous. Can I share this template with another Hiring Manager?
- When creating a requisition, I encountered fields titled 'Account number’ and ‘subcodes’. I have a case where the position being requested will be paid out of 5 separate accounts. How do I enter multiple account codes?
- I have Responsible Hiring Manager and Interviewing Supervisor status. Do I need two accounts?
- When an existing hiring manager leaves his/her position, will their replacement have access to what is 'in work' or will everything have to be completed by the Admin Assistant?
- When I view the Hiring Manager page I see tabs titled ‘View Open, ‘View Pending' and ‘View Historical'. What is contained under these tabs and what is the difference between them?
- What is a Guest User Account, what are their limitations / rights?
- Can I go back and create a Guest User account after I have created the requisition?
- Instructions for accessing UT Dallas Jobs are contained on the HR web site under Toolkits. There is a section labeled Getting Started on UT Dallas Jobs, a PowerPoint presentation, and a User's Guide.
- Call HRM @ 2221 and ask for Employment, or visit the Hiring Page.
- Please send your feedback/suggestions to email@example.com or call HRM @2221 and ask for Employment.
- Yes, each time you access a new UT Dallas Jobs page, the clock starts, and if you haven't changed pages in 60 minutes, UT Dallas Jobs will log you off. It does provide a warning message 3 minutes before the log off is scheduled to occur.
- Passwords do not automatically expire in UT Dallas Jobs. It is advisable however, to change yours periodically to avoid a security compromise.
- Yes, you can save your requisition for later work as many times as you need. Just make sure you fill in all of the required items on the Posting Details and:
- click on the VIEW REQUISITION SUMMARY >> button at the bottom of the screen
- select the SAVE POSTING STATUS option on the View Requisition Summary screen, if not already selected
- click on the CONTINUE button on the View Requisition Summary screen
- click on the CONFIRM button on the Confirm Posting Status screen. Your requisition is now saved and available for you to work on at a later time
- Template level questions cannot be modified. If you feel a template level question for a given job title is incorrect or should be changed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call HRM @2221 and ask for a Employment.
- No. If the requirements for the positions are identical you only need to submit one requisition and indicate within that requisition the HRS numbers, the names of the previous employees (if applicable), and the corresponding account numbers and subcodes.
- Hiring managers have a private view of their information, so the information cannot be shared with another manager.
When creating a requisition, I encountered fields titled 'Account number’ and ‘subcodes’. I have a case where the position being requested will be paid out of 5 separate accounts. How do I enter multiple account codes?
- The 'Account' (number & title) field is over 40 characters in length. There is no standard format for entering this data. Enter whatever fits in this area and if necessary, continue with the rest of the account numbers in the ‘subcode’ section of the requisition. Here are some examples:
- Requisition with 3 accounts can be entered like this and it will fit in the Account field – 31xxxx; 31xxxx; 31xxxx; or
- Requisition with 3 accounts with percents can be entered like this. The first two will be entered in the Account field while the other one can be entered in the 'subcode' area if character space is limited- 31xxxx-xxxx(40%);31xxxx50%) in Subcodes, the remaining one is listed as 31xxxx(10%)
- No, you would establish a single user account with multiple roles.
When an existing hiring manager leaves his/her position, will their replacement have access to what is 'in work' or will everything have to be completed by the Admin Assistant?
- The hiring department would have to either establish a hiring manager user account for the new Manager or assign another employee as hiring manager, and then inform HRM of the change. HRM would then change the hiring manager's name in the requisition (to the new one), inactivate the previous manager's user account and at that point the new Manager would have the required permissions.
- Requisitions are contained under these tabs. Requisitions possess a ‘status code', which changes as the requisition goes through the various steps in the business process, e.g., from creation through filling/closing the requisition. Following is a list of the logical sequence of events and the status codes.
When I view the Hiring Manager page I see tabs titled ‘View Open, ‘View Pending' and ‘View Historical'. What is contained under these tabs and what is the difference between them?
All requisitions in the following STATUS CODES will be listed under "VIEW PENDING" on the UT Dallas Jobs for Hiring Manager page.
|BUSINESS PROCESS||STATUS CODE|
|Requisition Created but Not Yet Forwarded||Saved|
|Requisition Forwarded to Budget Office||Pending Budget Requisition Approval|
|Requisition Forwarded from Budget Office to Human Resources Management||Pending HRM Requisition Approval|
|HRM Approves the Requisition||Requisition approved - If the posting date is a "Future Date". If the posting date is NOT a future date, the status will be "Posted".|
|Requisition is returned to Hiring Manager||Requisition returned to Hiring Manager|
All requisitions in the following STATUS CODES will be listed under "VIEW OPEN” on the UT Dallas Jobs for Hiring Manager page.
|BUSINESS PROCESS||STATUS CODE|
|HRM approves the requisition and Posting Date is not in the future.||Open|
|Posting Date expires||On Hold, no longer accepting applications
During this phase the management team reviews the applicant pool and selects a Finalist
|Finalist identified. Hiring Manager prepares and forwards Job Offer materials||On Hold pending Budget approval of Justification for Starting Compensation form and Police approval of Criminal Background Check form|
|Budget & Police Depts forward required forms||On Hold pending HRM receipt of complete Job Offer packet|
|HRM makes job offer||On Hold until all applicant statuses are changed|
All requisitions in the following STATUS CODES will be listed under "VIEW HISTORICAL” on the UT Dallas Jobs for Hiring Manager page.
|BUSINESS PROCESS||STATUS CODE|
|HRM arranges for orientation and closes position||Filled|
|If a requisition is cancelled without posting||Removed requisition|
|If a requisition is cancelled after posting||Withdrawn|
|Requisition is denied||Withdrawn|
- A guest user can ONLY view applications and resumes that pertain to a specific requisition but they cannot edit or otherwise change a requisition.
- Yes, you can request that HRM create a Guest User account at various points in the process. It is however, a good idea to request a Guest User account during the requisition creation process if there's a possibility that someone will be assisting the hiring manager in the selection process.
- Historical data will be accessible for a minimum of two years to satisfy legal retention requirements.
Click on the above link to view a list of Employment staff that can assist you.
Last Updated: February 24, 2012