Services of Training & Employee Development Division
Services provided by Training and Employee Development are open to all University faculty and staff. We partner with employees and departments in matters related to organizational training and employee development. Such services include:
- Designing and delivering onsite training and employee development programs, classes, workshops, and seminars.
- Assessing and identifying employee training and professional development needs.
- Providing customized or targeted training to departments and work teams designed to enhance knowledge, improve performance, and increase organizational effectiveness.
- Promoting training and employee development activities provided by HR and other University departments.
- Coordinate and promote awareness of the Employee Tuition Assistance Plan (formerly Tuition Waiver).
- Administering, consulting and training on the University’s performance management system and annual review process.
- Conducting New Employee Orientation classes for all new University employees.
Customized training for your employees is available on a limited basis. We work with Unit heads, managers and supervisors in determining training needs for an entire department or specialized workgroups within the department. Customized training services include the following:
- Assessment and evaluation of training needs
- Selection of course content and instructional methods
- Specialized course development that responds to the needs of your department
- Customized courses offered at times and places convenient for you and other department employees
For departments needing to develop their own training programs for UTD employees, technical assistance may be available. Services include:
- Consultative services in connection with the instructional design and development of training programs
- Assistance with presentation content
- Train-the-Trainer programs
Click on the above link to view a list of Training and Employee Development staff that can assist you.
Last Updated: September 24, 2013