Benefits & Retirement Information for Prospective Faculty & Staff
Individuals who are appointed at least 20 hours per week for 4.5 months or more are considered benefits eligible.
UT Dallas' overall benefit plan has long been recognized and valued because of its comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. In addition to traditional benefits such as health care, dental care and retirement, UT Dallas also offers a wide range of family-friendly benefits to attract, support and reward our employees. Here is an example of the Benefits you may be eligible for:
- 12 to 14 paid holidays (varies with the calendar).
- Full time employees earn 12 days of vacation per year. This accrual increases with length of employment.
- Sick leave is accrued at the rate of 8 hours per month for full time eligible employees.
- Longevity pay is earned after 2 years of service and increases every 2 years.
- Hazardous Duty pay for full-time, commissioned Law Enforcement Personnel is earned after 1 year of service and increases every year.
- Comprehensive Insurance Programs, including medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death, disability and long term care, are available to benefits eligible employees.
- A flexible spending program.
- Most benefits eligible employees are members of the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
- An Optional Retirement Program, ORP, is available to full-time faculty and certain full-time administrative personnel. ORP is a defined contribution, self-directed retirement plan.
- Voluntary pre-tax and post-tax retirement savings programs are available to all employees.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential counseling.
- UTD Tuition Fee Waiver
You may also want to view these benefits:
- Activity Center memberships are available for students, faculty and staff through the Recreational Sports Department.
- UTD Tech Store software discounts with links to vendor hardware specials.
- DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit)
- Training and Development programs available
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the above Contact Us link. E-mails and calls are returned within 24 hours.
Last Updated: September 24, 2013