International Student Services

About the ISSO

The International Student Services Office (ISSO) provides immigration information and support to UT Dallas students through workshops, individual student advising and outreach.

Immigration News

Changes in ISSO Advising and Processing due to winter break
12/05/2016 – UT Dallas is closed for the winter break beginning Wednesday, Dec. 21. In preparation, students must submit all requests (ex. travel endorsements, letters, updated I-20, etc.) to the ISSO by Monday, Dec. 12 in order to receive their documents by Friday, Dec. 16. The ISSO will not be processing requests on Monday, Dec. 19 or Tuesday, Dec. 20. In addition, immigration advising on Tuesday, December 20 will only be available from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Please plan accordingly.

ISSO Immigration Workshops Available in December
12/05/2016 – The ISSO puts on many workshops for students during the Fall. See below for opportunities that might interest you.

OPT Workshops for F-1 Students
Learn about the OPT application process, reporting requirements, employment, and travel considerations on these dates.

  1. OPT Workshop for F-1 Students - Thursday, Dec. 8, 2:30 - 3:45 p.m. at SSB 3.107.
  2. OPT Workshop for F-1 Students - Friday, Dec. 16, 2:30 - 3:45 p.m. at SSB 3.107.

Changing to F-1 Status Workshop
Come learn everything you need to know about changing your visa status to F-1. ISSO international student advisors will explain the application process, advantages and disadvantages, as well as considerations when changing to F-1 from specific visa types. The Changing to F-1 Status Workshop is available on Tuesday, Dec 6, 2 - 3:30 p.m. at SSB 3.107.

Overseas Travel for International Students
Topics include procedures for renewing your visa and what to expect when re-entering the U.S. Bring your most recent I-20 or DS-2019 and a picture ID, so advisors can provide a travel signature and a status letter to you if you need them.The Overseas Travel for International Students Workshop is available on Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2 - 3:30 p.m. at SSB 3.107.

New UT Dallas STEM Major
UT Dallas has been approved to offer a Master of Science in Financial Engineering and Risk Management to be administered by the Naveen Jindal School of Management. This program is effective Spring 2017.


Temporary Protected Status Extended for Nepal
The Department of Homeland Security has extended the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for eligible nationals of Nepal (and those without nationality who last habitually resided in Nepal) for an additional 18 months, effective Dec. 25, 2016, through Jun. 24, 2018.

USCIS Filing Fee Increases
Effective Dec. 23, 2016 the OPT Application fee will increase to $410. Applications and petitions postmarked or filed on or after Dec. 23, 2016 must include this new fee, or USCIS will reject your submission. Read more.

New Passport Photograph Requirement
As of Nov. 1, 2016 no glasses will be allowed in passport photos. Read more

Go to Immigration Newsletter for more information >>