There are three options if you choose to live on-campus:
- Canyon Creek Heights – furnished apartments available to Sophomore, Junior, Senior, and Graduate students
- University Village – unfurnished apartments available to Sophomore, Junior, Senior, and Graduate students
- University Commons – residence halls; all First-year Freshman who choose to live on campus are required to live in University Commons
On-campus housing is very limited, not guaranteed, and requires a partially non-refundable application fee to apply. For best results, apply for housing as soon as you receive your offer of UT Dallas admission. The non-first year application for University Housing opened on Monday, Apr. 10, 2017.
Comet Cruisers are local buses which connect UT Dallas to several local housing communities. There are two Comet Cruiser routes: Route 883 and the McCallum Connection Pilot Route. Many students search for accommodations along these routes, because it allows easy access to campus. In addition, students can travel to and from campus via regular Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) bus routes. Learn more about local transportation options on the on the Parking and Transportation website.
There are a variety of other housing options close to UT Dallas, but it is important to consider proximity to campus and your transportation options. To learn more about methods for selecting an apartment, and the leasing procedures in Texas, watch our housing video on Youtube and Youku.
- See a list of hotels and residence suites near UT Dallas.
- Some UT Dallas student organizations provide temporary housing and airport pick-ups for new students. The following international student organizations have assisted new students with these services in the past:
Please contact these groups directly for more information.
Crime Prevention and Safety Resources
The UT Dallas Police Department provides a variety of on-campus Crime Prevention Services, including home security surveys and safety escorts. Safety workshops are held at the beginning of each semester for students interested in learning more. Additional information can be found through the Richardson Police Department (personal safety tips and burglary prevention tips in Chinese) and the Dallas Police Department (preventing home burglaries in apartment residences).