International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation provides valuable information to ease your transition to UT Dallas. During Orientation you can discover campus resources, fulfill your International Student Orientation requirement, and answer questions about registering for classes.
International Student Orientation is mandatory for F-1 and J-1 visa holders enrolling at UT Dallas for the first time. It is also required of students changing their visa status to F-1. Once you complete International Student Orientation, your orientation registration hold will be removed.
- Review the checklist of important assignments to complete, as you prepare to register for classes.
- For questions about International Student Orientation or the items on the checklist, email ISSOPrograms@utdallas.edu.
Spring 2016 Orientation
- December 16, 2015
- January 5, 2016
Register online for Spring 2016 orientation.
International Transfers and Change of Status
International students transferring from another U.S. university and current UT Dallas students changing their visa status to F-1 are eligible to attend a special International Student Orientation session. This special session is slightly abbreviated, and fulfills the International Student Orientation requirement.
- November 10, 2015
Register online for Transfer orientation.
Freshmen (first-time undergraduate students) are required to attend Freshman Orientation at UT Dallas. At Freshman Orientation, international students must attend an hour-long session hosted by Intercultural Programs, after which their International Student Orientation hold will be removed. The timing and location of this session will be listed on the Freshman Orientation agenda. Freshman do not need to attend a full-day International Student Orientation. For more information, contact ISSOPrograms@utdallas.edu.
Policies of Orientation
- Check your email for an “Orientation Reminder” two weeks prior to your orientation date.
- Orientation location is the SU Galaxy Rooms. unless otherwise noted in your “Orientation Reminder”.
- Check-in is from 8:15-8:45 am. Orientation begins promptly at 9:00 am. All students must stay the entire day.
- If a student is more than 20 minutes late. they must attend the next scheduled orientation.
- Update your address in Orion by the end of your orientation day.
- No outside guests.