International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation provides valuable information to ease your transition to UT Dallas. During Orientation you can discover campus resources, fulfill your International Student Orientation requirement, and answer questions about registering for classes.
International Student Orientation is mandatory for F-1 and J-1 visa holders enrolling at UT Dallas for the first time. It is also required of students changing their visa status to F-1. Once you complete International Student Orientation, your orientation registration hold will be removed.
- Review the New Student Checklist of important assignments to complete, as you prepare to register for classes.
- For questions about International Student Orientation or the items on the checklist, email ISSOPrograms@utdallas.edu.
- For questions about your F-1 immigration status email ISSOProspective@utdallas.edu
Summer 2016 Orientation
- Thursday, May 19, 2016
- Monday, May 23, 2016 *
To register for Summer 2016 Orientation, fill out the online form.
* Please note, May 23 is the first day of classes for Summer 2016 semester. If you choose to attend this orientation date, you may miss some classes.
Fall 2016 Orientation
This two-day program gives a comprehensive overview of opportunities and resources available to you on campus. Along with the two-day International Student Orientation, students will be required to complete helpful Pre-Arrival Modules prior to attending International Student Orientation. Pre-Arrival Modules will be accessed through eLEARNING and will be available April 2016. More information about the orientation and modules will be posted shortly.
- Tuesday, August 2 – Wednesday, August 3
- Monday, August 8 – Tuesday, August 9
- Tuesday, August 16 – Wednesday, August 17
To register for Fall 2016 Orientation, fill out the online form.
Transfer and Change of Status
- Transfer – Students who are transferring their SEVIS record from another U.S. institution to UT Dallas.
- Change of Status (COS) – Students who are changing their visa status to F-1.
Transfer and change of status students can attend a special session to meet the requirement for International Student Orientation. Eligible students can choose to attend this abbreviated session, or choose any of the above dates for International Student Orientation.
- Wednesday, April 13 (for students beginning Summer 2016)
- Wednesday, June 15 (for students beginning Fall 2016)
- Wednesday, July 13 (for students beginning Fall 2016)
To register for a Transfer/COS International Student Orientation session, fill out the online form.
Policies of Orientation
- Check your email for an “Orientation Reminder” two weeks prior to your orientation date.
- To change your orientation date, resubmit the online form for your desired date. Only your most recent registration will be taken into account.
- If a student is more than 20 minutes late checking in for orientation, they must attend the next scheduled session.
- The $50 Orientation Fee is assessed along with a student’s Tuition and Fees.
- No outside guests are allowed at orientation.