International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation provides valuable information to ease your transition to UT Dallas. During Orientation you can discover campus resources, fulfill your International Student Orientation requirement, and answer questions about registering for classes.
- Review the checklist of important assignments to complete, as you prepare to register for classes.
- For questions about International Student Orientation or the items on the checklist, email ISSOPrograms@utdallas.edu.
Spring 2015 Orientation
If you are a new Spring 2015 international student, email ISSOPrograms@utdallas.edu to schedule an International Student Orientation session.
F-1 and J-1 Visa Holders
International Student Orientation is mandatory for F-1 and J-1 visa holders enrolling at UT Dallas for the first time. It is also required of students changing their visa status to F-1. Once you complete International Student Orientation, your orientation registration hold will be removed.
F-1 and J-1 Undergraduate Freshmen
Freshmen (first-time undergraduate students) will attend Freshman Orientation at UT Dallas. At Freshman Orientation, you are required to attend an hour-long, special for international students, after which your International Student Orientation hold will be removed; you will not have to attend International Student Orientation. For more information, contact ISSOPrograms@utdallas.edu.
Other Visa Holders
International Student Orientation is not mandatory for non-F and J visa holders; However, all new, international students are highly encouraged to attend. If you intend to change your status to F-1 during your time at UT Dallas, you will eventually be required to attend International Student Orientation. Plan ahead by attending early.
- TA/ RA Orientation – mandatory for all new teaching and research assistants.
- Transfer Student Orientation – optional, for students transferring from another U.S. college or university.
- Graduate Student Orientation – optional, for masters and doctoral students.
- Academic Department Orientation – each academic department has different requirements. Contact your academic department for details.