Digital Certificates: How to Import your Digital IDs into Thunderbird on a Mac
- Click on Thunderbird/Preferences.
- Select the Security tab
- Click on View Certificates
- Click on Import and select one of the two certificates to import.
- Enter the passphrase that you entered when you backed up the certificate, then click on OK.
Note: If you use a Master Password for Thunderbird's Software Security Device, you will be prompted for it first.
- Repeat this process for your other certificate.
- When you're done, your Thunderbird certificate store should now look like this.
- Now you need to set up your email accounts to use the certificates. To do that, click on Tools/Account Settings. Then select Security for the account you want to use the certificates with. (You can use your certificates with as many accounts as you like.) If the certificates aren't already selected, click on Select and select them now. When you're done, click on OK.
- Congratulations! Now you're ready to sign and encrypt email.