Digital Certificates: How to backup your Digital IDs on a Mac using Netscape
- Click on Netscape/Preferences.
- Select Privacy & Security, then select Certificates.
- Click on Manage Certificates The Certificate Manager window will open.
- Select one of your certificates by clicking on it. Click on the Backup button. That will pop up a window prompting you to name the certificate backup file. We strongly suggest that you choose a location for your backup that is routinely backed up by UT Dallas Information Resources department. Usually, your home directory is a good location for this.
- You will be prompted for the Master Password, if you're using one.
- Next you will be prompted to create a password for your certificate. Make sure you use a password that you won't forget!
- Click on OK. You should see this screen.
- Repeat this same process for the second key.