Digital Certificates: SSL Certificates
To get certs now, go to this URL - http://www.cert-manager.com/customer/InCommon/ssl.
- Select "Certificate Enrollment".
- On SSL Enroll Page
- Type in the Access Code "UTD".
- Enter your UTD email address. You will be notified when the cert is ready to be retrieved.
- Click on "Check access code"
- Follow the instructions.
- Choose certificate type "InCommon SSL", "InCommon Intranet SSL" or "InCommon Multi Domain SSL".
- Type in the common name (FQDN - e.g. pits.utdallas.edu) or click on "Get Common Name from CSR")
- If you choose InCommon Multi Domain SSL certs, select the CN first, then add a comma-and-space separated list of the alternate hostnames
- Select the Server Type and Certificate Term. (Three years is preferred.)
- Paste in the CSR (must be at least 2048 bits) and complete the form.
- Instructions for converting an IIS cert from 1024 bits to 2048 may be found here - http://www.geocerts.com/support/iis_upgrade_key_size
- The passphrase is one of your choosing, but you will not normally be prompted for it. Notification will be sent to the email address you entered initially when the cert is ready for download. The download page will allow you to select the cert type from a list (typically X509, Base64 encoded).
- Note: IIS requires a PKCS#7 cert in binary form. When you have downloaded the cert, rename it from my_cert.p7b to my_cert.cer before attempting to import it into IIS