Policies: Identity Finder Facts
- Identity Finder is the program that we have chosen to scan Windows computers, servers and shared folders for confidential and sensitive information. The information could include SSNs, credit card numbers, bank accounts, birth dates, passwords, etc. Once the program is installed on your Windows computer, please schedule the program to run at least on a monthly basis.
- When the program runs the second scan, it reports to the Identity Finder console. It reports that the program ran, the date that it ran and that it found x instances of the types of confidential and sensitive information.
- If you find a lot of 'false positives', you can ignore them and move on or you can exclude them from future searches.
- Information that is confidential or sensitive should be shredded if it is not needed for your daily business and is not within the record retention policy time limits.
- No confidential or sensitive information is reported to the console.
- Information on using Identity Finder is available in regularly scheduled instructor-led classes or from documentation that is available on-line Click Here.
- Confidential or sensitive information that is identified by Identity Finder that is required by the user to perform duties on Windows systems can be encrypted with McAfee Content Encryption for Files and Folders. Information Security will work with each user to tailor this to meet the individual's needs.