Security Tips: Cybersecurity Links
Security and other UT Dallas interest sites on the web:
- The BUGTRAQ list of newly revealed exploits, vulnerabilities, and warnings.
- U.S. DOE-CIRC (Computer Incident Response Capability) Website with Dept. of Energy notices.
- The Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Trade Commission Protecting Personal Information, a guide for Business
- InfoSysSec The Security Portal for Information System Security Professionals
- Internet Security Systems "X-Force" maintains an "AlertCon level" indicator and warnings. This site maintains that an unprotected device on the Internet will be compromised minutes to hours after being connected - and that's level 1, the "green" condition!
- ISSA Information Systems Security Association
- Microsoft Security Bulletin
- SANS intrusion detection page has an excellent review of intrusions, responses, and network security information, with a wide variety of additional security information in their reading room.
- SC Magazine for IT Security Professional
- Security Focus
- Security Management Magazine
- freshmeat freshmeat maintains the Web's largest index of Unix and cross-platform software, themes and related "eye-candy", and Palm OS software.