Protocol for Establishing an International Partnership
The protocol for the submission, review, and approval of international partnership proposals is represented in this flow chart. UT Dallas sponsors can submit their proposals based on the monthly meetings of the International Partnership Development Committee (IPDC) or the Academic Governance calendar in the case of dual degree program agreements.
- Memorandum of Understanding / Agreement of Cooperation (MOU / AOC)
- Affiliation Agreement (AA)
- Student Exchange Program Agreement (SEPA)
- Degree Program Agreement (DPA)
- Dual Degree Program Agreements (DDPA) / Cotutelle Agreements (CA)
See: submitting and executing an international partnership proposal
If required, add 1-2 months to the review/approval process
Consideration will be given to:
academic appropriateness, institutional benefit, risk.
1 month review/ approval process
The review/ approval process is based on the Academic Governance calendar.**
- Approval. School routes the agreement to IPD to collect the UT Dallas Provost's or President's signature. Afterwards IPD provides the final signed copy to the school and publish it online.
- Reconsideration requested. School reviews and negotiates terms of partnership with international partner institution, if applicable. A revised proposal and agreement is submitted to IPDC for reconsideration.
- Not approval. No further action.
** DDPA proposals must also meet the university's substantive change policy. Per this policy, all dual degree program agreements are subject to prior review by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).