Create a .pst file in Outlook
Create a .pst file to archive old emails and free up space in an Outlook mailbox.
- Click the Home tab.
- Click New Items > More Items > Outlook Data File…
- Browse to the location you want to save the .pst file.
- It is recommended that you save a copy of your .pst file to your H: drive so that it can be restored should you ever delete or lose it.
- Enter an appropriate file name in the File name box.
- This name will be used on the Outlook 2010 All Mail Folders list.