Shared Mailbox Delegates
When setting up a delegate, you will select from the following three permission levels (the default level is “None”).
- Reviewer: Delegate can read items in your folder.
- Author: Delegate can read and create items and modify and delete items that he or she creates.
- Editor: Delegate can read, create, modify and delete all items and files.
Note: When you set up delegate or shared access, delegates or users who share those folders have the ability to view your private contacts, events, or e-mail messages by using other software applications. To help protect your privacy, put private items in a separate, non-shared address book, calendar, or mail folder.
Manage Shared Mailbox Delegates with Outlook 2010 for Windows.
- Click on the File tab.
- Click on Account Settings, then choose Delegate Access from the drop-down menu.
- In the Delegates panel, click Add.
- Search for the user you wish to add as a delegate. Select their name from the results list, then click Add and OK.
- Set the user’s permission level for each funciton of Outlook, then click OK to finish.
Manage Shared Mailbox Delegates with Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- In the Menu Bar, click Tools, then choose Accounts.
- In the Accounts window, select your UT Dallas account, then click Advanced.
- Click Delegates, then under Delegates who can act on my behalf: click the plus symbol to add a new delegate. This will open the Global Address List.
- Search for the user you wish to add as a delegate, select the user from the list, then click OK.
- Set the permission level for the delegate, then click OK to finish.