Volunteering with Jumpstart
Jumpstart is a national early education organization that recruits and trains college students and community volunteers to work with preschool children in low-income neighborhoods. Through a proven curriculum, these children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed.
How YOU can get involved
Jumpstart recruits highly-motivated college students to serve as Corps members and work one-to-one with a preschool child over the course of a school year.
Do you share our belief that every child enters the world with potential…and deserves the resources and support necessary to start kindergarten ready to succeed in school and in life?
Do you also want to earn money and gain valuable early childhood education experience? If so, read more about working with Jumpstart and apply to become a Corps member.
Benefits of being a Corps member:
- Earn a work-study award by serving with Jumpstart and an additional educational award of up to $1,250 to pay for tuition, loans or even books
- Build lasting friendships with a team of similarly motivated peers
- Serve your local community and participate in the national service movement
- Receive 60 hours of professional training
- Make a difference in the life of a child