The School of Interdisciplinary Studies offers four different undergraduate degree programs and one graduate degree program. The Interdisciplinary Studies degree programs allow for a broad, student-driven educational experience. Their flexibility and individualized focus offer a wider perspective than more traditional undergraduate programs, preparing students for careers or further study. Most of all, they serve students who seek a thorough grounding in the arts and sciences, media, culture, and business issues from an interdisciplinary perspective.
Each student in the School of Interdisciplinary Studies is an active partner in the formulation of his or her program of study. Together with an academic advisor, students devise an individual degree plan by drawing on resources across all of the schools of the University of Texas at Dallas.
The four undergraduate degree programs offered through the School of Interdisciplinary Studies are:
- Bachelor of Arts in American Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies
The School of Interdisciplinary Studies offers five minors:
- Plan a campus visit
- Step-by-step admissions process for incoming freshmen
- Step-by-step admissions process for transfer students
- Information about financial aid
- Office of Admission and Enrollment pre-admission counselors
The graduate degree offered through the School of Interdisciplinary Studies is: