F-1 Transfer Students
Read the Guide for International F-1 Transfer Students if you are transferring to UT Dallas from another U.S. institution.
Transfer students meet the following criteria:
- Have gained admission to UT Dallas.
- Are F-1 students at another U.S. institution (currently enrolled, or just graduated, or completed their program, or on OPT).
- Plan to transfer their SEVIS immigration record to UT Dallas.
Apply for the UT Dallas I-20
The following documents are needed to apply for the UT Dallas I-20 form:
- The UT Dallas Financial Affidavit Form
- Supplemental financial support documents, if applicable. All supplemental funding documents must meet the requirements listed on the UT Dallas website.
- Copy of the passport ID page. This is the page that shows your name, photo and expiration date.
- SEVIS immigration record. This is not a document, but your electronic immigration record. Talk with the immigration advisor at the school that holds your SEVIS record about the transfer out process.
When to Submit
Submit your documents and SEVIS immigration record to the UT Dallas ISSO within the established period for your admission term. Please note that if you do not submit all of your documents and your SEVIS record for the I-20 before the last day of that period, your file will be placed in termination procedures.
- If admitted for Summer 2013 – submit between Apr 4, 2013 and May 30, 2013
- If admitted for Fall 2013 - submit between Jul 27, 2013 and Aug 26, 2013
- If admitted for Spring 2014 - submit between Dec 14, 2013 and Jan 13, 2014
How to Submit
Submit your documents to the ISSO in person, by mail, or by e‐mail.
- In person
- Submit to the ISSO during office hours.
- By mail
- additional electronic copies are not required
- Mail to International Student Services/ The University of Texas at Dallas / 800 W. Campbell Rd., SSB34 / Richardson, TX 75080‐3021.
- By e‐mail
- ISSOProspective@utdallas.edu - additional paper copies are not required.
- Verify that the total size of attachments in one e‐mail is no larger than 5MB. Do not send files in compressed formats, such as .rar or .zip. Instead, use a PDF, JPEG or DOC format.
Submit your SEVIS immigration record to UT Dallas
- Print the Transfer Guide for information that will assist you with this process.
- Talk with the immigration advisor at the school that holds your SEVIS record about the transfer out process.
- Your record must be released to The University of Texas at Dallas, school code: DAL214F00379000.
Learn About the Status of Your I-20
- Wait to receive an email from the ISSO saying that your Transfer Complete I-20 is ready. You should sign and pick up your Transfer Complete I-20 from the UT Dallas ISSO no later than Census Day of your admission term. Not doing so will pose a risk to your F-1 status.
- If you have not received an email from the ISSO, inquire on the status of your I-20 by sending an email to ISSOProspective@utdallas.edu.