Financial Documents for I-20
What to submit:
To request a UT Dallas I-20, submit the following to the International Student Services Office (ISSO):
How to submit
You can submit the above documents to the ISSO:
- In person — Submit to the ISSO during office hours.
- By mail — Additional electronic copies are not required.
- International Student Services
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, SSB34
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
- International Student Services
- By e-mail — Additional paper copies are not required.
- If you are a newly admitted student, e-mail your documents to [email protected]
- If you are currently enrolled, e-mail your documents to [email protected].
- Verify that the total size of attachments in one e-mail is no larger than 5MB. Do not send files in compressed formats, such as .rar or .zip. Instead, use a PDF, JPEG or DOC format.
UT Dallas Financial Affidavit for F-1 Students
Most United States Consulates or Embassies will require original copies of all financial documents, including bank statements, when you apply for an F-1 visa, however you may submit copies to ISSO for the purpose of obtaining a UT Dallas I-20.
Indicate your name as it appears on your passport, your UTD ID and your date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format.
Reason for Submitting Financial Affidavit
Student Financial Certification
Source of Financial Support
Sponsor Financial Certification
- copy of bank statement or letter,
- scholarship letter,
- UT Dallas assistantship letter, or
- government funding support letter.
All supplemental funding documents must meet the requirements
listed on the Supplemental Financial Support Documents Requirements section below.
All Use this section to determine the estimated annual cost of attendance, living expenses and health insurance. You must provide financial certification of the minimum amounts as part of the I-20 request process. If your situation varies from the estimate in this section, visit the ISSO Estimate expenses for I-20 webpage at http://www.utdallas.edu/isso/i20-expenses/
Note: These estimates are subject to change without prior notice; the exact costs of attendance will vary by student and will be determined at the point of course registration.
Supplemental Financial Support Document Requirements
If the Bank Certification section of the UT Dallas financial affidavit form is not completed by the bank, you can submit a bank statement or a bank letter. The bank statement or bank letter must meet all of the requirements listed below. If any of the following elements are missing from your bank statement or bank letter, the document(s) cannot be used for the I-20:
- All statements must be in English
- Bank letterhead
- Account holder name using English alphabet
- Type of Account
- Balance of the Account
- Date of Issuance
Loan Sanction Letters
- The statement must be in English
- Must be Sanctioned “, In-Principle” Sanctioned, or approved
- All borrowers/co-borrowers must hand sign the UT Dallas Financial Affidavit.
- Date of Issuance
- Bank/Institution letterhead
- The principal amount of loan being given
UT Dallas Scholarship or Assistantship Letter
- The letter must meet these requirements:
- Must be on the UT Dallas institution letterhead
- Have the student’s full name
- Have a description of the award and the amount, including the period of time when it is effective
- Signed by the institution or UT Dallas academic department representative
- Emailed notifications of scholarships cannot be used towards the UT Dallas I-20.
- Health insurance coverage is assumed to be only for the student, unless the letter specifies that it covers spouse and/or child(ren)
- Students who are receiving a COHORT MBA award must submit a signed letter accepting/declining the conditions of their offer.
- Where the award letters have contingent awards for future semesters we will only consider the awards for the fall and spring semesters, not the summer. (for example, "Renewal of the
assistantship for spring and summer semesters will be determined by student performance and availability of funds)
If your education is being sponsored by a business, not an individual you must provide:
- A letter from the owner of the company on company letterhead. This letter must state that business funds can be used towards the student’s education.
- The company must also provide a bank letter or statement that conform to the requirements above
UT Dallas Financial Affidavit for F-2 Students
Submit this form only if you have dependents coming to, or remaining in the U.S., or if you wish to remove your dependents from your SEVIS F-1 record.
Select the F-2 action requested
Use this section to determine the estimated annual cost of attendance, living expenses and health insurance. You must provide financial certification of the minimum amounts as part of the I-20 request process. If your situation varies from the estimate in this section, visit the ISSO Estimate expenses for I-20 webpage athttp://www.utdallas.edu/isso/i20-expenses/
These estimates are subject to change without prior notice; the exact costs of attendance will vary by student and will be determined at the point of course registration.