- Can be taken before or after program completion.
- All academic training is counted as full-time.
- Student may engage in full-time employment prior to program completion.
- Duration up to 18 months for undergraduate and graduate students, 36 months for post-doctorates.
- Employment may be paid or unpaid.
- May work for multiple employers.
- Authorization is granted by your Program Sponsor.
- Valid J-1 status.
- Good academic standing.
- Student must have a job offer before applying.
- Student must receive approval on form DS-2019 before beginning employment.
- Proposed employment is directly related to your major field of study.
- Maintain J status requirements during training, such as enrollment, insurance coverage and maintenance of your DS-2019.
- You must submit your application to the ISSO prior to your DS-2019 program completion date.