J-1/J-2 Reporting Requirements
The U.S. Department of State (DOS) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) require J-1 students to maintain their J-1 records through a number of reporting procedures throughout the course of their J-1 program. In most cases a J-1 visitor can meet these requirements by reporting any changes to the International Student Services Office (ISSO).
Upon Arrival to the Campus. In each instance below the ISSO will notify DOS and DHS.
- Log into Galaxy and update your local address on orientation day.
- Submit copies of the following documents to the ISSO: passport, visa, I-94 or Change of Status Approval, DS-2019, and the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form verifying contact information.
While an Enrolled Student and/or on Academic Training. In each instance below the new information must be reported within 10 days of each change. The ISSO will notify DOS and DHS.
- Change of Address - Report through the UT Dallas Galaxy portal and by submitting the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form to the ISSO.
- Change in J-1/J-2 passport name - Submit the J-1 Student Services Request Form to the ISSO.
- Change in J-1/J-2 visa type or immigration status - Submit the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form to the ISSO.
- J-1/J-2 permanent departure from the U.S. - Submit the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form to the ISSO.
- Change of J-1/J-2 e-mail address or phone number - Submit the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form to the ISSO.