International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation provides valuable information to ease your transition to UT Dallas. During Orientation you can discover campus resources, fulfill your International Student Orientation requirement, and answer all your questions about registering for classes.
- Review the Checklist of important assignments to complete, as you prepare to register for classes.
- For questions about International Student Orientation or the items on the Checklist, email ISSOPrograms@utdallas.edu.
Spring 2015 Orientation
- December 17, 2014
- January 7, 2015
To register for the Spring 2015 International Student Orientation click here.
International Student Orientation – Transfer StudentsInternational, transfer students can attend this special session to meet the requirement for orientation. Transfer students can choose to attend this session, or choose any of the above dates for Spring Orientation
- November 11, 2014
To register for the Spring 2015 International Student Orientation for international, transfer students click here.
F-1 and J-1 Visa Holders
International Student Orientation is mandatory for F-1 and J-1 visa holders enrolling at UT Dallas for the first time. It is also required of students changing their visa status to F-1. Once you complete International Student Orientation, your orientation registration hold will be removed.
F-1 and J-1 Undergraduate Freshmen
Freshmen (first-time undergraduate students) will attend a Freshman Orientation at UT Dallas, where information specific to both U.S. and international students will be provided and your holds removed. At Freshman Orientation, you are required to attend the session for international students, after which your International Student Orientation will be removed; you will not have to attend International Student Orientation. For more information, contact ISSOprograms@utdallas.edu.
Other Visa Holders
International Student Orientation is not mandatory for other visa holders; however, you are encouraged to attend especially if you intend to change your status during your time at UT Dallas.
- TA/ RA Orientation - mandatory for all new teaching and research assistants.
- Transfer Student Orientation - optional, for students transferring from another U.S. college or university.
- Graduate Student Orientation - optional, for masters and doctoral students.
- Academic Department Orientation - each academic department has different requirements. Contact your academic department for details.