J-1 Reporting Requirements
The U.S. Department of State (DOS) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) require J-1 students to maintain their J-1 records through a number of reporting procedures throughout the course of their J-1 program. In most cases a J-1 visitor can meet these requirements by reporting any changes to the International Student Services Office (ISSO).
Upon Arrival to the Campus
- Attend international student orientation. This is a requirement of your J-1 status and necessary before registration holds can be removed.
- Log into Galaxy and update your local address on orientation day. The ISSO will notify DOS and DHS.
- Submit copies of the following documents to the ISSO: passport, visa, I-94 or Change of Status Approval, DS-2019, and the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form verifying contact information.
While an Enrolled Student and/or on Academic Training
- Change of Address – Report through the UT Dallas Galaxy portal and by submitting the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form to the ISSO.
- Change in J-1/J-2 passport name – Submit the J-1 Student Services Request Form to the ISSO.
- Change in J-1/J-2 visa type or immigration status – Submit the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form
- J-1/J-2 Permanent departure from U.S. – Submit the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form to the ISSO.
- Change of J-1/J-2 e-mail address or phone number – Submit the J-1/J-2 Reporting Form to the ISSO.