Dallas Youth CodeJam – Saturday, Sep 20 : 1 – 4pm
(inspired & guided by San Antonio Youth CodeJam)
Location: UT Dallas main campus (specific details as we get closer to the date)
Join us for an amazing afternoon of exploration, challenges and fun. The Code Jam is a semi-unstructured, collaborative, creativity-inspiring experience for youth. Every one from Kindergarten kid to 12th grader are welcome to attend. We will have something for every one. Due to bit unstructured nature of this event, we recommend the parents to accompany all Elementary and middle school students (parents can learn to code too!)
In a nutshell…
- Local events, “hack jams” or “code jams” make game design, webmaking and digital literacy easy, social and fun.
- We’ll be using tools that help make it easy for youth to explore, remix and redesign the web.
- Understanding how to design games and tinker with code is a skill that’s in demand and makes youth more employable.
- Taking part in a code jam helps the school students develop learning competencies, including critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- All of the tools and curricular content are designed to be peer-learning experiences that are constructed and evolved by community input and contribution.
We’ll have lots of options at our stations – from drag and drop game design to actual coding languages. Work on whatever you think is interesting. Float around, spending time at many stations and working on different things, or spend your time working on one project. It is all up to you!
Advance registration is required @ bit.ly/dallas-codejam (closes on Monday, Sep 15th). Availability for walk-in registrations will depend on # of advance registrations. Write to email@example.com if there are any questions. We hope to see you at the CodeJam! We will have something for every one!!